Job Category: Assistant Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield
We appreciate your curiosity and initiative at visiting this hiring page. If you have any questions about your application or want to follow up in any way you can reach us by phone at 916-790-5750 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look out for our team members like Gaucho's looked out for their friends and family and we would be proud to have you as a part of our tribe.
We're committed to creating an authentic and delightful dining experience.
In this role, the Assistant Manager of Flame & Fire Brazilian Steakhouse is responsible for assisting the General Manager in managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, he/she will oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests receive excellent service and an unparalleled dining experience. The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant.
- Responsible for managing shifts: decisive judgment, scheduling, adapting to change, product quality and cleanliness, and break policies are adhered to.
- Maintain professional restaurant image and high moral standards.
- Prioritize guest experience at all times.
- Increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for inventory, forecasting and setting targets.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed
- Manage POS system efficiently.
- Utilize OpenTable to manage guest reservations and wait times.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation, service and cleanliness (ServSafe guidelines)
- Ensure safety within the team and guests. Completing incident reports promptly.
- Ensure guest satisfaction; investigate and resolve complaints promptly.
- Develop, give feedback and retain all restaurant team members
- Assisting in conducting interviews, disciplinary measures and when necessary, termination
- Support Flame & Fire marketing and initiatives
- Ensure team members are up-to-date on training, certifications, and safety precautions
- At Flame & Fire Brazilian Steakhouse, we look for self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing, dynamic management personality.
- 2 years restaurant operations management; knowledge of churrasco and churrascaria cuisine preferred.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance. Adherence to dress code.
- Our Managers must have the ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards of excellence.
- Able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems
- 5 years restaurant operations
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. Combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Proficient in food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Occasional travel required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel
- Must be able to stand for long periods and lift up to 50lbs.